Best Back Brace for Degenerative Disc Disease – Reduce Lower Back Pain
Degenerative Disc Disease is primarily observed in seniors due to the deterioration of one or more discs between the vertebrae of the spinal cord. With the increase in a sedentary lifestyle, there is also an increase in people suffering from degenerative disc disease at an early age. This is caused due to prolonged hours of sitting and inactivity which tend to speed up the wear and tear of the spinal discs.
The common symptoms include severe back pain at the site of a damaged disc that can travel through to your buttocks, groin and upper thighs. Primary symptoms are observed in the lower back area with harsh pain that tends to increase over some time and worsens with movements including standing, lowering your back and sometimes even standing. A back brace is beneficial for people suffering from such symptoms to overcome pain and provide support in your daily movements.
Best Back Brace for Degenerative Disc Disease
A back brace is supposed to minimize micro-motions at the impacted area in your spine. It is also helpful for controlling the bending and twisting of your discs that can assist you with handling heavyweights such that it doesn’t aggravate the lower back pain. It works as an external stabilizer to relieve you of the vicious circle of pain and spasm that occurred as a result of degraded discs in your vertebrae.
What is the Back Brace for Degenerative Disc Disease?
To answer your question we have accumulated a list of top-rated back braces that are said to help people in reducing lower back pain. Have a look and select the one that suits best for your requirements and condition.
1. BraceAbility Lower Back & Spine Pain Brace
BraceAbility Lower Back Brace is the first in our list with its over the top design and features which makes it ideal for a variety of lower back and spine pain conditions. It is designed with hand loops and pull tabs that are easy to access for seniors who have less upper body strength. It is also helpful for people with an active lifestyle in several daily activities including sitting, standing, walking and more. It provides an adjustable belt that can be increased and decreased to the size of your preference and also has a medical-grade faster that claims to be 10X stronger than the retail grade. This Back Brace is ideal for patients with degenerative disc disease providing lumbar support from your L1 through S1 vertebrae which is the most common site of action for people with lower back pain and other such conditions.
- Designed to treat chronic low back pain and many similar conditions
- Moulded pull tabs that are easily adjustable and hide in the body shape of the wearer
- Hand loops at both ends let the belt easily snuggle to your body
- Aces in maintaining and managing the moisture and heat-releasing from the body
- Pulley system that has dual power for controlled compression to your lower back
2. RDX Gym Pain Relief Lumbar Belt Lower Back Support Brace
The RDX Lower back brace and Lumbar support belt has an ergonomically shaped closure belt that is easy to wear. It provides a nice snug to your body which makes it ideal for all kinds of lower back pain conditions. It acts as a pain belt or a lower back brace that efficiently supports the lumbar region with its high-quality flexible steel spinal cord springs. It also has carbon fiber that helps your back to stay in position and avoid slouching to correct your posture. It is reviewed as the best back support belt for this price and also a great quality product at a very affordable price. You should go for an RDX Lower back brace and Lumbar support belt if you are suffering from degenerative disc disease or any other lower back conditions to relieve your pain at a reasonable rate.
- NEO-1 Neoprene material for the best comfort and fit
- Easy to wear with a unique anchor system
- Special padding and steel spinal cords to correct your posture and refrain you from slouching
- Ideal for sports or everyday use with optimum lumbar support
3. Spine Sport Back Brace
The Spine Sport Back Brace features a sleek design that is easy to use in daily wear. It has a pulley mechanism that helps you tighten or loosen your support as and when required. It is designed with a nylon mesh that aids in proper air circulation so that you sweat less and can use this brace for prolonged hours. It can be used for patients with degenerative discs and also for active athletes who are prone to back issues over time and wish to stay active. The back brace provides all-round support to your lower back by adding compression points from the L1 to S1 of your vertebrae. This makes it the best choice for people suffering from lower back pain due to degenerative disc diseases as well as other similar conditions.
- Patented mechanical pulley compression system makes it easy to adjust
- Can be used for a variety of conditions
- Easy to wear inside clothes
- Lightweight and Breathable – apt for activewear
- Wide range of support to lower back
4. Ergodyne ProFlex 1650 Back Support Belt
The Ergodyne ProFlex 1650 Back Support Belt is the best product in its range. It can be used for degenerative disc diseases and also for continuing with your regular active life. It has detachable suspenders that are easy to use with the back brace whenever you wish to perform some heavy lifting and hence is ideal back support for lifting heavy objects. The suspenders are also helpful in making sure that the position of the back brace is correct so that it can provide maximum support to your lower back. This back brace is made up of elastic material and a single closure strap to adjust the tightening of the belt. The various tightening tensions provide enhanced support to your lower back. It features a breathable and flexible material to increase its usability over time providing your back with proper support at such an affordable price.
- Single strap closure for easy wear
- Adjustable and detachable suspenders to secure band position
- Available in various sizes
- Long-lasting integrity with high-quality materials
- Ideal for managing pain with day to day activities
5. Deluxe Double-Pull Neoprene Lumbar Support Belt
The Deluxe Double-Pull Neoprene Lumbar Support Belt claims to provide effective relief from lower back pain by providing support, compression and warmth to the spine. This back brace provides ultimate fitting with its back crossover belt that fastens at the front with double pull. It is ideal for patients suffering from back pain and wants to continue with their daily activities as it provides increased flexibility with great quality fasteners. It features a non-stretch fabric at the back that provides firm support to the lower back. Unlike other back braces, the Deluxe Lumbar Support Belt has a back panel that manages the micro motions in the spine and relieves you of your pain from regular movements.
- Crossover Double pull mechanism to adjust the compression
- Non-stretch fabric at back for firm back support
- Supports and manages the spine and lower back in a correct posture
- Provides flexibility of movement with stability for lower back pain
- Available in various sizes
Although considered very helpful for lower back pain, it is advisable to consult a doctor before deciding on wearing a back brace and which one to wear. Above listed are top reviewed back braces for degenerative disc disease which might help you in deciding which might suit you the best. Use them as advised to make your lower back healthy and pain-free.